Sunday, September 14, 2014

DIY: Distressed Boyfriend Jeans


Ok, so who is loving that boyfriend jeans are so in right now, because I sure am. I wanted to try my hand at making my own boyfriend jeans out of a pair of $4 thrifted jeans. I figured it they sucked I didn't loose out on much. 

I'll be honest and say i'm still not totally sold on these, they feel a little too frumpy and I'm still on the hunt for my perfect pair of boyfriend jeans. But with that said, if you find a pair of jeans that need a little distressing this DIY will still apply. 


1. Find a pair of jeans (your boyfriend, thriftstore, hand-me downs ect...) make sure you buy them slightly too big to get that boyfriend jean look. I made the mistake of buying mine too too big and next time would find ones with a better fit. 


2. Being 5'3 my jeans are usually too long and these were no exception. I decided to cut off a few inches so the pants weren't as bunchy when I rolled them. 


3. Put your jeans on and with a pen or marker draw lines over your knees and areas you would like to have distressed. I usually do lines of all different lengths, there is no wrong way to do it. 


4. Take your jeans and cut, cut, cut on the lines you drew. 
5.  Lastly, throw them in the washer and dryer and they do all the hard work. 
6. Put on your pants and have a party or do like me go on an adventure and have your man take your picture. 


What i'm wearing: 
Hat: Target
Body Suit: Ardene
Jeans: Thrifted
Booties: Ardene
Flanel: Vans Outlet 


No comments:

Post a Comment