Thursday, August 21, 2014

Exploring Elk Island


With summer nearing it's end Steph and I wanted to take full advantage of actually being outside... without snow. Since Stephane had the day off work we thought it would be a great day to go explore a new place. We decided to go to Elk Island, it's about an hour away and it's not an actual Island. Or if there is we didn't go to it. 

Today I mostly wanted to be outside and have fun taking pictures together. It's already starting to cool down to sweater weather but it was great walking through the woods with a bit of chill in the air. It was so refreshing and beautiful, except for mosquitoes. Stupid mosquitoes ruin everything.

It's nice getting out of town for a few hours and letting any stress just disappear for awhile. It's silly of me but I forget how much I love being outside until i'm outside again, fully immersed in nature. It's definitely one of my happy places. 

Here are some of my favorite snaps from the day. 
(Stephane took the pictures of me)   



The woods are the perfect place to simply be still and know.


No comments:

Post a Comment